Cervical Posture Roll (Neck Exercises for Stability)
The cervical posture roll neck exercises strengthen your deep cervical flexors. This will help stabilize your neck, allow you to hold a good neck posture easier, and help your adjustments last longer.
Video: Cervical Posture Roll
Exercise 1: Rest on the roll
- Lie on back in a relaxed and comfortable position.
- Place your foam roll behind your neck and let your head relax into the floor.
- Rest between 5-20 minutes.
Exercise 2: Press head into the floor
- Start in the above position.
- Retract your chin (give yourself a double chin) and push your head into the floor.
- Hold the push for 10 seconds then relax.
- Repeat 10 times.
- Don’t forget to breathe
- Relax the rest of the body
- Do the exercise slowly.
If you start to shake, you lose form, or the exercise aggravates your neck pain.
Chiropractors at Cascade Chiropractic & Wellness provide customized chiropractic care in Portland Oregon. Visit our main website at eastportlandchiropractor.com Choose from several options to schedule your appointment: Call (503) 257-1324 or request with our online booking.